We’re looking for great ideas! We anticipate lively discussions and events related to The Year of PittGlobal. Schools, campuses, departments, and units from across the University are invited to submit proposals for programs and projects that will incorporate international perspectives.
The Year of PittGlobal committee, comprised of faculty, staff, and students, will review each proposal. The Office of the Provost will provide matching funding up to $5,000 for approved projects.
The submission period for the Provost’s matching funds program for the Year of PittGlobal will open July 1, 2018. Submissions will be accepted and reviewed on a continuous basis through March 2019. Faculty, staff and students from all campuses are encouraged to submit proposals via Submittable, an externally-hosted submission platform.
The selection committee will prioritize proposals meeting one or more of the following funding priorities:
- Global Plan for Pitt: Proposals for new initiatives/events/programs/activities/courses help advance one or more goals/initiatives within the global plan for Pitt, Embracing the World: A Global Plan for Pitt.
- Interdisciplinarity: Applicants are encouraged to reach across multiple disciplines, academic, and/or business units at Pitt when developing a proposal
- Collaboration: Partnerships between faculty, staff, and students across colleges, regional campuses, global alumni networks, external industry and/or community partners will be favorably reviewed.
- Institutional/Community Impact: Proposals that clearly articulate the anticipated results/outputs/outcome of the proposed actions.
- Matching Funds: Applicants should provide evidence of additional sources of funding and may request up to $5,000 in matching funds from the Year of PittGlobal program.
Applications must be submitted online. The first time that you access the application form you will be directed to a welcome screen at the third-party system, Submittable.com, and invited to create a new user account. After completing this simple process, you will be shown the application form.
Please note: This application requires that you include a brief narrative proposal and a budget (using this downloadable Excel template). Preparing those documents in advance will likely simplify the application process for you. You will be able to save your application mid-stream and then return to it before final submission.
Applications will be reviewed by committee. Awardees will be notified approximately within 4 weeks of submission.
For questions about the Year of PittGlobal at the University of Pittsburgh, please contact the committee at email@example.com.